Search This Blog

Monday, September 27, 2010

Thank you Lord for puppies

Writing for me right now is a roller coaster ride. Some days I scream with excitement over the great sentence I just wrote...and then there are the days I read it and throw up! Today was puke day. Query writing would be the death of me if not for Molly.

Molly is my eleven month old Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier. If you're not familiar with the bred, take a moment and google them. When I think of all the dogs I've had over the years...and I've loved them all...from the Rottweiler to the English mastiff...I know God made the SCWT and said..."It is good."

Hearing me moan and groan, she hopped in my lap, leaned into the computer screen as if to read the words that had me in such misery, and then twisted around to lick me from chin to forehead! Such unconditional acceptance filled me with new inspiration. After a much deserved treat and a quick trip through the yard I came back with renewed determination. And I'm happy to announce I have a whole paragraph I actually like!

Now on with the work and hopefully someday I will find the agent that loves my story as much as Molly. Hey agents...just so you'll know...I do treats!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Beth,

    I like your blog. It is a bit weird in the beginning. What I did was came up with a list of topics i knew i wanted to write about and started little by little. I don't post as much as i should be being in the middle of my new Novel all my time goes into it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are here. I am picking my way through this and hopefully I will find my niche with the blog and get it in decent shape. sorry I missed the chat tonight. Worked late and simply let time get away from me when I got home. Sure I missed a lot.

    ReplyDelete